Thursday, November 4, 2010

Toss the bums out!

I had big plans for today.  I was going to get up early, take the dog for a good long walk, run some errands, go to yoga class, and then work on some "getting organized" projects back at the house this afternoon.  It looked like a pretty good plan, until....

I woke up at 6:15 this morning with a very grumbly tummy.  By 6:30, it was clear my busy day was going to be at least delayed.  By 7:00 I was so firmly attached to the toilet that I couldn't even manage a long enough break to get a drink of water.

Now it's 8:20 and I am at least getting enough time to sit at the computer and type out a few things before I have to jump up and run back to the bathroom.  I'm bummed that it looks like I need to scale back my plans for the day, but I guess the silver lining is that at least I don't have to be at work today, worrying whether I can get to the bathroom quickly enough without making too much of a scene.

It's been a rocky week, lots of bad symptoms since last Friday.  Which is especially discouraging since I had a Remicade infusion just last Wednesday.  Is this super-expensive, time-consuming, and somewhat risky treatment working for me at all anymore?  Seems like my fancy little mouse protein-derived TNF-alpha inhibitor is asleep at the switch.  Yo--Can I get a little support here, Mr. Remicade?

In a nod to the election season, it's time to throw the bums out!  Remicade is not listening to its constituents anymore.  It's too beholden to "special interests" like the pharmaceutical companies, the clinic where I get it, the insurance companies....I need a fresh new voice, a non-career representative to calm the storm in my gut.  Bring on the worms, I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment